OpenCards is a free award-winning flashcard learning software. The basic idea of OpenCards is to use PowerPoint presentations (*.ppt) as flashcard sets. Thereby, slide-titles are considered as questions and the slide contents as their answers. Based on state-of-the-art memorization and scheduling algorithms OpenCards will help you to learn any set of flashcards.
- is easy to use: Just create flashcards as you’re used to create PowerPoint slides
- allows for efficient memorization of vocabulary, pictures (faces, geography, mushrooms), sounds (birdsongs, intervals, chords), and all other kinds of factual knowledge (exams, phone numbers, etc. etc.)
- allows to learn any Powerpoint-file as flashcard-set without conversion
- runs on every major operating system and is free and OpenSource
- will reduce your memorization efforts by implementing state-of-the-art methods for spaced repetition
OpenCards 2.2 was released on February, 22nd, 2012. Get it while it’s hot !! OpenCards runs on all major operating systems. Download the latest version for free today!
Feel welcome to ask questions, report problems or suggest improvements for OpenCards in our discussion forums
OpenCards v2+ is a revised version of OpenCards v1.5 which was a flashcard learning extension for OpenOffice Impress.
Also worth mentioning
Don’t forget to check out our latest product Movito, which is an awesome movie collection manager for files, BlueRays and DVDs. It supports movies and TV-series. It automatically fetches information about your movies from the web. It comes along with a slick collection browser to explore and filter your movie collection. Movito is easy and fun to use.