Basically OpenCards gives you any freedom you enjoy when creating PowerPoint-slides. OpenCards just adds all functionality which turn any existing Powerpoint presentation into flashcards.
- Absolutely free and open source! No spyware or ads.
- Runs on all major operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- Create flashcards like you’re used to create slides for presentations
- Allows to use any Powerpoint-file as flashcard-set without any conversion
- Superior flashcard-file management
- Intelligent learning algorithms that know when you should review which flashcards.
- Use tables, charts, formulas, Unicode, nice background images and much more for your flashcards
- Customize the learning procedure based on your individual learning habits.
- Graphical visualization of learning success
- Localized to many languages including German, French, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Portuguese, Bulgarian and many more.
- Import new flashcards from CSV-files
- And much, much more..
Given all these features we consider OpenCards to be the most advanced, most feature-complete but anyway most intuitive flashcard-learning software available.
From our experience most other flashcard learning tools are overly complex. In contrast we’ve tried to keep OpenCards as simple as possible, to allow you to focus on your learning items that really matter for you.