Why OpenCards ?
As most open source applications OpenCards is based on our own needs. In the beginning we were just looking for a flashcard learning application, which should have the following features:
- free and Open Source
- cross-platform (running on Linux, Windows, Mac OS, …)
- ultra-flexible flashcard design (vocalization, fast image copy, HTML copy&paste, Asian language support)
- well supported flashcard-file format
- good community support
- abundant free card-files in the Internet
Unfortunately there were no products, which fulfilled all these needs. That’s why we’ve started the OpenCards-project.
Additionally we think that education shouldn’t be a privilege of the rich, but should be possible and affordable for everyone. Although our resources and skills are humble, we hope to make a little contribution in order to achieve this still distant goal by developing free open source education software.
- Holger Brandl (Developer)
- Xavier Domont (French translation)
- Fernando Ossandón (Spanish translation)
- Silvio Gavagnin (Italian translation)
- Ricardo Umpierre (Portuguese translation)
- Akis Vassiliadis (Greek translation)
- Stefan Stefanov (Bulgarian translation)
- Lee Darren (Chinese translation)
- Eberhard Herzog (Japanese translation)
- Your name here ?? You’re welcome, really!
Beside the core team, a lot of people, companies and institutions have contributed directly or indirectly to OpenCards. Especially we would like to say many thanks to:
Our major community support tool are the discussion forums hosted at our sourceforge project page. Please use them for questions, problems and suggestions of any kind.
If you think that your concern is not suitable for a public discussion, you’re welcome to contact us via mail.